Focus in Live needs to be on the target position (a clipslot, a track, a device, ...) before the file is passed over. An added audio file on a midi track will always open with your default setting for dropping samples in Live. I assume that it accepts the same filetypes that you can add with drag n' drop to Live. To replace a drumpad, hotswap needs to be activated before. (can be done with LOM) . But automatic hot-swap of a sample in a Simpler doesn't work as we can't toggle the sample hot-swap with the LOM.
The zip includes a m4l device so that you can test immediately.
- load file into clipslot or track
- load amxd file
- load another Liveset (.als)
- load ableton device (.adv)
- Unfortunately, under Windows OS this method is very slow. (a better solution has yet to be found here). In contrast the file is added quite fast on Mac (see pics below).
- Batch operations are complex as we can only add one file at a time and have to reset target focus in Live for every file.
- the external will not work if the device is opened in the m4l editor
- we can't add vst files as they are handled in a kind of container device in Live
- we can't add items that you see in the Live browser which are not based on a real file on your harddisk
- tryed to fix some irregularities on Mac part of code